Amid the recent decline in Covid-19 cases in India, the United States has eased travel restrictions for the country, lowering them from the highest level 4, which means no travel, to level 3. ” United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a level 3 travel health advisory and the State Department has issued a level 3 travel advisory advising against travel to India, ”the report said. state department.
1) Level 3 encourages US citizens to reconsider their travel to the country due to serious safety and security risks.
2) The improved travel advisory by the State Department comes in recognition of the COVID-19 pandemic situation in the region.
3) US citizens scheduled to travel to India are strongly urged to get fully immunized prior to travel and to continue to take health safety measures to protect themselves, including practicing social or physical distancing, washing their hands with soap / hand sanitizer, wearing masks and avoiding crowded areas with poor ventilation.
4) The CDC strongly recommends that U.S. citizens get a flu shot to better protect themselves from a major flu outbreak and reduce the need to access the local health care system at this time. Finally, American citizens should continue to obey measures introduced by Indian authorities designed to mitigate outbreaks of COVID-19 in their regions.
5) The State Department urged its citizens not to travel to Jammu and Kashmir (except for the eastern region of Ladakh and its capital, Leh) due to terrorism and civil unrest.
6) He further added that US citizens should avoid traveling within 10 km of the Indo-Pakistan border due to the risk of armed conflict.
7) The U.S. government has limited capacity to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in rural areas from eastern Maharashtra and northern Telangana to western West Bengal because U.S. government employees must obtain special permission to travel to these areas.
8) Earlier on May 5, the CDC placed India in the Level 4 category as the country battles a severe second wave of coronavirus.
9) Besides the United States, other countries that have relaxed travel bans in India are Canada, Germany, Russia, Egypt, South Korea, Turkey, Switzerland, Africa South, the Maldives and Mauritius.
10) CDC also relaxed travel recommendations on Pakistan
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!